Local support for local business
Timaru District’s small-medium businesses can access funding for crucial professional services for COVID-19 related advice and support through a new grants scheme set up by Venture Timaru.
The Professional Services Grants Scheme (PSG scheme) enables businesses to receive $400 each, and then local professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants, will match the grant, to enable the businesses in need to receive $800 worth of advice.
The grant is to be used for advice and support strictly needed as a result of the impact on the small-medium businesses by COVID-19.
While Venture Timaru has stablished and funded the grant scheme,and is partnering with the South Canterbury Chamber of Commerce which will complete the business assessment, service matching and administration of the scheme. The PSG scheme complement's the Chamber's current offering under the Regional Business Partner Programme.
Our Professional Services Advisors include:
- RSM Law
- Timpany Walton
- Gresson Dorman
- Quentin Hix Legal
- Aoraki Legal
- Solve Chartered Accountants
- HC Partners
- Sidekick Timaru
- Ford Simpson
- Mitchell McCleary
- Compass Business Partners
Criteria to receive the grants:
- are in the Timaru District trading and for profit
- have been adversely impacted by Covid-19
- have 50 FTEs or less
- be GST registered and/or have a NZB number
- the support needed is not for an issue that existed prior to Covid-19,
- the fund cannot be used for advice and support already given or non-Covid-19 related or BAU, e.g. end of year accounts, payment disputes with suppliers that are not Covid-19 related.
- do not have to be a Chamber of Commerce member to access PSG
Apply for a Professional Services Grant
To apply contact the South Canterbury Chamber of Commerce 03 687 2733 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional service businesses can get involved with the scheme by contacting Venture Timaru 03 687 2733 or email email@example.com