COVID-19 Support & Information
New Zealand is now operating at Alert Level 1, which means everyone can work, socialise, play sport and travel without restrictions. However the Government is reminding us that it is still important to keep practising basic hygiene measures, including washing your hands and coughing or sneezing into your elbow. Most importantly, if you're sick, stay home - don't go to work and don't socialise. And if you have cold or flu symptons, make sure you get tested.
Stay vigilant. There is a global pandemic going on and we must be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to. Businesses are still required to display the official QR codes for the NZ COVID Tracer app at all levels and everyone is encouraged to continue to record their visits with the app.
Here are some important links to share:
- COVID-19 Information for businesses - business.govt.nz
- COVID-19 Leave Support Scheme for businesses
- Small Business Cashflow (Loan) Scheme (SBCS)
- South Canterbury Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 business assistance
- Ministry of Health - Latest updates and information on COVID-19
Local support for local business - Professional Services Grants
Timaru District’s small-medium businesses can access funding for professional services for COVID-19 related advice and support through a scheme set up by Venture Timaru. The Professional Services Grants Scheme (PSG scheme) enables businesses to receive $400 each, and then local professional advisors will match the grant, to enable the businesses to receive $800 worth of advice.
The grant is to be used for advice and support strictly needed as a result of the impact on the small-medium businesses by COVID-19. Venture Timaru is partnering with the South Canterbury Chamber of Commerce which will complete the business assessment, service matching and administration of the scheme.
Our Professional Services Advisors include:
- RSM Law
- Timpany Walton
- Gresson Dorman
- Quentin Hix Legal
- Aoraki Legal
- Solve Chartered Accountants
- HC Partners
- Sidekick Timaru
- Ford Simpson
- Mitchell McCleary
- Compass Business Partners
Criteria to receive the grants:
- are in the Timaru District, trading and for profit
- have been adversely impacted by Covid-19
- have 50 FTEs or less
- be GST registered and/or have a NZB number
- the support needed is not for an issue that existed prior to Covid-19,
- the fund cannot be used for advice and support already given or non-Covid-19 related or BAU, e.g. end of year accounts, payment disputes with suppliers that are not Covid-19 related.
- do not have to be a Chamber of Commerce member to access PSG
Apply for a Professional Services Grant
To apply contact the South Canterbury Chamber of Commerce 03 687 2733 or email@example.com
Please contact us if we can help in any way 03 687 2682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org